Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the driveshaft. Refer to Driveshaft, removal & installation.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the rear differential module.
- Disconnect the Electronic Controlled Clutch (ECC) breather tube.
- Remove the ECC-to-rear differential module mounting bolts.
- Separate and lower the ECC.
- Remove all of the old gasket material on the mating surfaces of the ECC and rear differential mating surfaces.
- Remove the wave washer.
Remove the pinion or flange seal.
- Coat the edge face of the seal with liquid gasket and place over the input shaft.
- Install the wave washer.
- Install the pinion seal using Special Tool 9931 Installer tool.
The remainder of the installation is the reverse order of removal. Tighten the ECC-to-rear differential to 58 ft. lbs. (78 Nm).