Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the cargo floor cover.
- Remove the rear floor pan silencer.
- If equipped, remove the nuts mounting the satellite receiver or amplifier to the rear floor pan. Move the component aside to allow access to the wheel speed sensor wiring connector through the opening in bottom of the quarter trim panel.
- Remove the spare tire.
Fold the strut assembly upper mounting nut access door upward. Use this opening and the one created when the rear floor pan silencer was removed to access the upper mounting nuts.
Remove the 2 nuts securing the strut assembly to the body bracket.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel.
Remove the lower strut assembly mounting bolt.
- Lower the strut assembly out of the body bracket and lift out over the rear suspension.
- Insert the lower end of the strut assembly down through the lower control arm from above, just enough to clear the body, then lift it into position in the body bracket.
- Install the mounting bolt at the lower control arm, but do not tighten.
- Install the rear wheel and tighten the wheel mounting nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install the 2 upper mounting nuts to the strut assembly and tighten to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm).
- Close the upper mounting nut access door.
- If equipped, install the satellite receiver or amplifier to the rear floor pan.
- Install the rear floor pan silencer.
- Install the cargo floor cover.
- Tighten the lower strut assembly mounting bolt to 73 ft. lbs. (99 Nm).