- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the accessory drive belt. Refer to Accessory Drive Belts, removal & installation.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the accessory drive belt splash shield.
- Remove the bolts securing the water pump pulley and remove the pulley.
Remove the water pump mounting bolts and remove the water pump.
- Install the water pump and tighten the mounting bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Install the water pump pulley and tighten the pulley bolts to 79 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the accessory drive belt splash shield.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install the accessory drive belt.
- Refill the cooling system to the correct level.
- Connect the negative battery cable.