Do not connect the negative battery cable without performing the proper battery reconnection procedure. Personal injury or death may result if the procedure is not performed properly.
Perform the following battery reconnection procedure:
NOTEThis reconnection procedure is to be performed anytime the battery has been disconnected.
- Connect the negative battery cable (2) to the battery post and tighten the clamp nut.
- Install the rear compartment floor trim panel.
- Once the battery has been connected, review and perform the following information as applicable.
AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW
If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
- Turn the Ignition to the Run position.
- Regardless of current window position, move the driver side front window upward until the window stalls in the full up position. Allow the window motor to stall for at least 2 seconds before releasing the switch.
- Move the driver side front window downward until the window stalls in the full down position. Allow the window motor to stall for at least 2 seconds before releasing the switch.
- Move the driver side front window upward until the window stalls in the full up position. Allow the window motor to stall for at least 2 second before releasing the switch.
- Repeat the above steps for the passenger side front window.
- Verify the windows are properly calibrated by operating the express down and up features on the windows. Repeat this procedure if the calibration failed. If unable to properly calibrate after the second attempt, check the Driver's Door Module (DDM) and Passenger's Door Module (PDM) for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and correct as required.
ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)
If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) within the Antilock Brake Module (ABM) needs to be calibrated. The SAS requires calibration (initialization) using the scan tool anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for any length of time. If the SAS is not calibrated following battery reconnection, the ESP/BAS indicator lamp will flash continuously with no DTCs. To calibrate (initialize), perform the following:
- Position the front wheels straight ahead and center the steering wheel.
- Connect the scan tool to the vehicle.
- Follow the directions on the scan tool.