Removal & Installation
For front seal service on the 2.7L and 5.7L engines, see Timing Chain Cover and Seal.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove the crankshaft sprocket.
- Tap the dowel pin out of the crankshaft.
Remove crankshaft seal using Special Tool 6341A.
NOTEDo not nick shaft seal surface or seal bore.
- Shaft seal lip surface must be free of varnish, dirt or nicks. Polish with 400 grit paper if necessary.
Install the crankshaft seal using Special Tool 6342.
- Install the dowel pin into the crankshaft to 1.2 mm (0.047 in.) protrusion.
- Install the crankshaft sprocket.