Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
NOTEThe rear timing belt cover has O-rings to seal the water pump passages to cylinder block. Do not reuse the O-rings.
- Perform fuel pressure release procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove timing belt.
Remove camshaft sprockets.
- Remove rear timing belt cover bolts (1, 2, and 3).
- Remove the rear cover.
- Clean rear timing belt cover O-ring sealing surfaces and grooves. Lubricate new O-rings with Mopar° Dielectric Grease, or equivalent, to facilitate assembly.
Position NEW O-rings on cover.
Install rear timing belt cover. Tighten bolts to the following specified torque:
M10 (2, 4): 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm)
- Install the camshaft sprockets.
- Install the timing belt.