Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove driveshaft and heat shield.
Using Tool 6958 (2), remove pinion flange nut.
- Using Puller 1026 (1), remove pinion flange.
- Remove pinion flange seal with suitable screwdriver and discard.
- Using a seal driver, install new pinion flange seal.
- Lightly tap pinion flange onto the shaft, just enough to start flange nut by hand.
- Install pinion flange nut and torque to 350 ft. lbs. (475 Nm).
- Install driveshaft and heat shield.