Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Release the fuel pressure.
Disconnect negative battery cable.
NOTEThe fuel level of the vehicle must be below 5 / 8 of a tank before you remove the module lock-rings. If it is above that you can spill fuel in the vehicle.
- Drain partial fuel from fuel tank through the filler tube. Use a hard nylon tube, with a 30° cut on the end, to push the check valve open to drain fuel from tank.
- Remove the rear lower seat cushion.
- Push seat back and up to remove seat cushion.
- Fold back the foam pad covering access cover for modules.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from left side module.
Mark the module orientation.
- Use special tool 9340 to remove left side module lockring.
- Drain fuel from left side of fuel tank. Lift module up enough to push hose into tank and drain. Do not spill fuel in interior of vehicle.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the module top.
Remove the module top half.
- Press in the fuel line release tab and pull up on fuel line.
- Remove fuel line.
- Remove fuel return line.
- Tip module on its side to drain remaining fuel from reservoir and remove module from vehicle.
- Install pump module into tank.
- Connect fuel return lines to module.
- Lines connected.
- Connect fuel supply line to module and make sure it is locked in place.
Connect electrical connectors to bottom of module top, Install module top to module bottom.
- Install module and align marks on the module for proper orientation.
- Install module lockring.
- Use special tool 9340 to tighten left side module lock ring.
- Connect the electrical connector to left side module.
- Install plastic access cover.
- Fold the foam pad covering access cover for modules back into place.
- Install rear lower seat cushion
- Fill fuel tank.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Fill fuel tank. Use the scan tool to pressurize the fuel system. Check for leaks.