Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the wiper arms, as follows:
- Remove the nut cap.
- Remove the retaining nut.
- Gently rock the wiper arm from side to side to loosen it from the shaft.
- Remove the wiper arm.
Remove the liftgate lower trim panel, as follows:
- Remove the lamp from the lower liftgate trim panel.
- Remove the two screws (6) within the pull cup formation to the right of the latch that secure the lower trim panel (1) to the inside of the liftgate (4).
- Using a trim stick or another suitable wide flat-bladed tool, carefully pry the trim panel away from the inside of the liftgate to release the seven push-in plastic fasteners (7) that secure the panel to the liftgate.
Remove the liftgate lower trim panel from the vehicle.
- Remove the three mounting fasteners.
- Disconnect the electrical harness connector (5).
Separate the wiper motor (3) from the liftgate.
Inspect the wiper motor shaft to liftgate seal. If seal is damaged, brittle, or deformed in any way replace. Position shaft seal (1) with the arrow in the UP position.
- Position the wiper motor in the liftgate.
- Install the mounting nuts and tighten to 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Attach the electrical harness connector.
- Install lower liftgate trim panel in the reverse of the removal procedure.
Install the wiper arms, as follows:
- Install the wiper arm.
- Install the retaining nut and tighten to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Install the nut cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable.