Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arms, as follows:
- Remove the nut caps and the remove the retaining nuts.
Using a suitable two jaw puller (5), separate the wiper arm (7) from the wiper pivot.
- Remove the wiper arms.
- Remove the front wiper module, as follows:
With front wiper module on bench or in vise, remove the one nut attaching the bellcrank to the motor shaft.
Using a suitable prytool, carefully pry the bellcrank from the wiper motor shaft.
- Separate the bellcrank from the wiper motor shaft.
Remove the two motor mounting bolts.
NOTEWhen separating the motor from the linkage, there are two pocket nuts that may fall out. Take care to keep these and reinstall them during installation.
- Separate the wiper motor from the wiper module/linkage.
- Make sure that the shaft seal is on the new motor shaft. If necessary, transfer the one on the old motor. If transferred, make sure the seal is in good shape (not brittle, free from cracks, and not damaged).
Make sure the pocket nuts (1) are in place in the motor before assembly.
- If needed to install pocket nut, align the nut with the pocket and drop the nut into the pocket.
- Place wiper motor in its mounting location making sure that the pocket nuts are in place.
- Install and tighten the mounting bolts.
- Position the bellcrank on the wiper motor shaft.
- Align the bellcrank with the linkage arms.
- Install and tighten the nut to the bellcrank.
- Install the front wiper module, as follows:
- Install the two retaining bolts and tighten to 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Connect the wiper motor electrical connector (1).
- Install the cowl panel.
Install the wiper arms, as follows:
- Install the wiper arms on wiper arm pivots.
- Install the retaining nuts and tighten to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Install nut caps.
- Connect the negative battery cable.