Removal & Installation
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable from battery post.
- Using a brake pedal holding tool, depress brake pedal past its first inch of travel and hold it in this position. Holding pedal in this position will isolate master cylinder from hydraulic brake system and will not allow brake fluid to drain out of brake fluid reservoir while brake lines are open.
Disconnect the brake tubes from hydraulic control unit.
- Remove remaining brake tubes from the hydraulic control unit.
Detach 47-way wiring connector from the Antilock Brake Module (ABM).
Pull up on unit and remove from the mounting grommets.
- Install the unit, pushing mounting bracket down into mounting grommets located in body of vehicle.
- Connect 47-way wiring connector to the ABM.
- Install brake tubes to rear of the hydraulic control unit. Tighten the tube nuts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install brake tubes to the hydraulic control unit. Tighten tube nuts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Remove brake pedal holding tool.
- Connect battery negative cable to battery post. It is important that this is performed properly.
- Fill and bleed base brake hydraulic system and ABS.
- Perform Verification Test and clear any faults.
- Remove the ICU from the vehicle.
- Remove two screws attaching mounting bracket to HCU. Remove bracket.
- Remove three screws attaching ABM.
Remove ABM from HCU.
- Align ABM solenoids and pump/motor wiring connector with HCU valves and connector passage.
- Slide ABM onto HCU.
- Install three screws attaching ABM. Tighten screws to 17 inch lbs. (2 Nm) torque.
- Attach mounting bracket to HCU. Install two mounting bracket attaching screws and tighten to 97 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install ICU in vehicle.