Removal & Installation
2.7L & 3.5L
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Raise vehicle and support.
- Unlock and disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove mounting bolt.
- Remove sensor.
- Install sensor.
- Install mounting bolt and tighten to 12 Nm (105 inch lbs.).
- Connect the electrical connector and lock.
- Lower vehicle.
Connect negative battery cable.
- If equipped with AWD (All Wheel Drive) disconnect and isolate negative battery cable.
- Raise vehicle.
- If equipped with AWD (All Wheel Drive) remove starter motor.
- Disconnect CKP electrical connector (2) at sensor.
- Remove CKP mounting bolt (3).
- Carefully twist sensor from cylinder block.
- Remove sensor from vehicle.
- Check condition of sensor O-ring.
- Clean out machined hole in engine block.
- Apply a small amount of engine oil to sensor O-ring.
Install sensor (4) into engine block with a slight rocking and twisting action.
WARNINGBefore tightening sensor mounting bolt (3), be sure sensor is completely flush to cylinder block. If sensor is not flush, damage to sensor mounting tang may result.
- Install mounting bolt (3) and tighten to 12 Nm (106 inch lbs.) torque.
- Connect electrical connector (2) to sensor.