Removal & Installation
The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor on the 5.7L engine is located under the air conditioning compressor. It is installed into a water jacket at the front of the cylinder block .
- Partially drain the cooling system.
- Remove accessory drive belt, as outlined in the Engine Mechanical section.
- Carefully unbolt air conditioning compressor from front of engine. Do not disconnect any A/C hoses from compressor. Temporarily support compressor to gain access to ECT sensor.
- Disconnect electrical connector from sensor.
- Remove sensor from cylinder block.
- Apply thread sealant to sensor threads.
- Install ECT sensor to engine and tighten to 97 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
- Connect electrical connector to ECT sensor.
- Install the drive belt.
- Fill the cooling system