Removal & Installation
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove the accessory drive belt, as outlined in this section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove crankshaft damper bolt.
- Use Special Tool 1023 puller, and insert 9020-R, or equivalent, remove crankshaft damper.
- Install crankshaft damper using Special Tools C-4685-C1 (5.9 in.) Bolt, with Nut and Thrust Bearing from 6792, and 6792-1 Installer, or their equivalents.
- Install crankshaft damper bolt. Torque bolt to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm) while holding damper with Special Tool 9365, or equivalent.
- Lower vehicle.
- Install accessory drive belt.
- Connect negative battery cable.