Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Perform fuel pressure release procedure.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove accessory drive belt.
- Remove accessory drive belt tensioner.
- Remove bolts for power steering pump. Reposition power steering pump aside.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove crankshaft damper bolt and remove the damper with a puller.
- Remove the lower front timing belt cover fasteners.
- Lower the vehicle.
Remove the upper timing belt cover bolts and remove front timing belt cover.
- Exchange the accessory drive belt pulley if necessary. Tighten bolt to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).
- Install upper front timing belt cover.
- Install lower timing belt front cover.
Tighten the timing cover bolts as follows:
M6 bolts: 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm)
Install power steering pump fasteners. Tighten bolts to 200 inch lbs. (23 Nm).
- Install crankshaft damper. Torque to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install accessory drive belt tensioner. Torque fastener to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Install accessory drive belt.
- Lower vehicle.
- Connect negative battery cable.