Removal & Installation
The ignition switch attaches to the lock cylinder housing on the end opposite the lock cylinder.
- Disconnect negative cable from battery.
- Remove the Instrument Panel Center Bezel, using a suitable trim stick, such as C-4755 or equivalent.
- Remove side trim panel to steering column cover.
- Remove the screws that secure the steering column cover to the instrument panel and relocate panel.
- Pull the steering column cover rearward at the top and right side of the cover to release the snap retainers from the instrument panel.
- Remove the screws that secure the instrument panel steering column cover reinforcement to bracket and remove reinforcement from the vehicle.
- Remove the 2 front mounting nuts.
- Remove the lower mounting nut.
- Slide the assembly rearward into the instrument panel and down to gain access to switch.
Disconnect the electrical connector from the ignition Switch and SKREEM Module.
Remove the interlock cable by depressing the locking tab and pulling straight out.
- Remove ignition switch mounting screw.
Squeeze the 2 locking tabs to remove ignition switch from the lockhousing.
- A tab on the ignition switch indexes to a notch in the lock cylinder housing. Also, a slot in the end of the ignition switch fits over the shaft in the end of the lock cylinder housing. Use the ignition key to rotate the lock cylinder to align the ignition switch with lock cylinder housing. Insert ignition switch into lock housing until locking tabs are seated into openings on lock housing.
- Install ignition switch mounting screw.
- Install the interlock cable into the switch assembly.
- Attach electrical connector to SKREEM Module.
- Install switch assembly into Instrument Panel.
- Attach electrical connector to ignition switch.
- Tighten the 2 mounting nuts.
- Tighten the lower mounting nut.
- Install steering column reinforcement.
- Steering column reinforcement installed.
- Install the Steering column reinforcement cover.
- Install trim panel end.
- Install the Bezel cluster.
- Install the ignition switch bezel ring.
- Connect the negative battery cable.