Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative (ground) cable from the battery.
- Position the front wheels straight-ahead.
- Fully extend or pull out adjustable steering column.
- Remove the airbag
Remove the steering wheel retainer bolt then slide the steering wheel off the column shaft.
- Remove the three clockspring screws.
- Carefully pull straight up on clockspring to remove.
- Install the clock spring
- Carefully push straight down on clockspring to install.
- Install the clockspring screws
- Align the spline on the steering wheel hub to shaft.
- Then install the steering wheel and install a NEW retainer bolt.
- Tighten the bolt to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
Install the airbag
WARNINGAll fasteners must be torqued to specification to ensure proper operation of the steering column.
Install the negative battery terminal on the battery.
WARNINGTest the operation of the horn, lights and any other functions that are steering column operated.