Deployed Passenger's Air Bag
Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
NOTEFor deployed passenger airbags, the instrument panel top pad must be replaced.
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
- Remove instrument panel
- Disconnect the passenger airbag electrical connector .
- Remove the four left and right passenger airbag mounting screws.
- Remove the two lower passenger airbag mounting bolts .
- Separate passenger airbag from instrument panel.
- Remove and inspect all reusable components from the instrument panel and transfer to the new instrument panel top pad.
- Clean powder residue from interior of vehicle
- Position new passenger airbag into instrument panel cavity.
- Install the two lower passenger airbag mounting bolts . Torque bolts to 103 inch lbs. (11.6 Nm).
- Install the four left and right passenger airbag mounting screws. Torque screws to 25 inch lbs.( 2.8 Nm).
- Connect the passenger airbag electrical connector.
Install new instrument panel assembly.
CAUTIONDo not connect the battery negative cable. Personal injury or death may result if the system test is not performed first.