On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury or death.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel silencer from the passenger side of the instrument panel.
- Disengage the wire harness connector locking tab and disconnect the wire harness connector and wire harness retainers from the blower motor.
- Remove the four screws that secure the blower motor to the HVAC housing.
- Remove the blower motor from the HVAC housing.
- Position the blower motor into the HVAC housing .
- Install the four screws that secure the blower motor to the HVAC housing.
- Tighten the screws to 20 inch lbs. (2.2 Nm).
- Connect the wire harness connector to the blower motor and engage the wire harness connector locking tab.
- Install the HVAC wire harness retainers onto the blower motor.
- Install the instrument panel silencer onto the passenger side of the instrument panel.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.