Removal & Installation
2.7L, 3.2L & 3.5L Engines
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
Remove the intake manifold
NOTEPrior to removing the ignition coils, spray compressed air around the coil area and spark plug.
- Remove electrical connector from ignition coil.
Remove 2 fasteners from ignition coil assembly.
NOTEOn 3.5L engines, it is necessary to loosen the screws by alternating back and forth.
NOTEDo not lose the spacers under the coil when loosening the screws.
Remove ignition coil assembly.
Install or connect the following:
NOTEOn 2.7L engine to 55 inch lbs. (6.2 Nm)
NOTEOn 3.5L engines to 60 inch lbs. (6.7 Nm)
NOTEOn 3.5L engines, it is necessary to tighten the screws by alternating back and forth.
WARNINGDo not lose the spacers under the coil when installing ignition coils.
Install ignition coil assembly to spark plug.
- Connect the electrical connector and lock.
- Install the intake manifold
- Connect negative battery cable.