Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the engine oil and remove the oil filter.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Clean the oil pan and all gasket surfaces.
- Apply a 1 / 8 in. (3mm) bead of sealer at the parting line of the oil pump body and the rear seal retainer.
Install or connect the following:
Oil pan and torque the M8 nuts/bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm) and the M6 nuts/bolts to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm)
Install the structural collar using the following procedure:
- Install the vertical collar to the oil pan mounting bolts and tighten, temporarily to 10 inch lbs. (1.1 Nm).
- Install the collar-to-transaxle bolts and torque to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Starting with the center vertical bolt and working outward. Torque the bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Install the dipstick and housing and connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the engine with the proper amount of clean SAE 5W-30 or SAE 10W-30 engine oil only. Do not mix the two grades of oil.
- Start the engine, check for leaks and repair if necessary.