Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the engine oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Fill the oil pump rotor cavity with clean engine oil.
- Carefully, install the oil pump over the crankshaft and into position.
- Install the oil pump mounting bolts and torque to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Lubricate the new pickup tube O-ring with clean engine oil and torque the pickup tube mounting bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
- Fill the engine with clean engine oil.
- Start the vehicle, check for leaks and repair if necessary.
It is necessary to remove the oil pan, oil pickup and oil pump body to service the oil pump rotors. The oil pump pressure relief valve can be serviced by removing the oil pan.
- Drain cooling system and remove fan module.
- Remove the accessory drive belts.
- Remove the crankshaft damper and timing belt covers.
- Remove timing belt.
- Remove crankshaft sprocket.
- Remove oil pan.
- Remove oil pickup tube.
Remove oil pump fasteners. Remove pump and gasket from engine.
- Prime oil pump before installation by filling rotor cavity with engine oil.
- Install oil pump and gasket carefully over the crankshaft. Position pump onto block and tighten bolts to 250 inch lbs. (28 Nm)
- Install new O-ring on oil pickup tube.
- Install oil pickup tube.
- Install oil pan.
- Install crankshaft sprocket.
- Install timing belt.
- Install the timing belt covers and crankshaft damper.
- Install the accessory drive belts and fan module.
- Fill cooling system.