Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the engine oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Fill the oil pump rotor cavity with clean engine oil.
- Carefully, install the oil pump over the crankshaft and into position.
- Install the oil pump mounting bolts and torque to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Lubricate the new pickup tube O-ring with clean engine oil and torque the pickup tube mounting bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
- Fill the engine with clean engine oil.
- Start the vehicle, check for leaks and repair if necessary.
- Drain cooling system and remove fan module.
- Remove the accessory drive belts.
- Remove the crankshaft damper and timing belt covers.
- Remove timing belt.
- Remove crankshaft sprocket.
- Remove oil pan.
- Remove oil pickup tube.
Remove oil pump fasteners. Remove pump and gasket from engine.
- Prime oil pump before installation by filling rotor cavity with engine oil.
- Install oil pump and gasket carefully over the crankshaft. Position pump onto block and tighten bolts to 250 inch lbs. (28 Nm)
- Install new O-ring on oil pickup tube.
- Install oil pickup tube.
- Install oil pan.
- Install crankshaft sprocket.
- Install timing belt.
- Install the timing belt covers and crankshaft damper.
- Install the accessory drive belts and fan module.
- Fill cooling system.