Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the transaxle fluid.
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transaxle, inspection cover and flywheel/flexplate.
Using a small prytool, carefully pry out the rear oil seal. Be careful not to nick or damage the crankshaft flange seal surface or the retainer bore.
- Place the Seal Pilot tool C-4681 on the crankshaft.
- Lightly coat the oil seal outside diameter with Loctite® Stud N' Bearing Mount® or the equivalent.
- Apply a light coating of engine oil to the entire circumference of the oil seal lip.
- Place the seal over the special tool and tap the seal in place with a plastic mallet.
- Install the flexplate/flywheel and transaxle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the transaxle with the proper fluid.
- Start the vehicle, check for leaks and repair if necessary.