Removal & Installation
- Perform fuel pressure release procedure.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove accessory drive belt.
- Remove accessory drive belt tensioner.
- Remove bolts for power steering pump.
- Reposition power steering pump aside.
- Raise vehicle on hoist.
- Remove crankshaft damper.
- Remove the lower front timing belt cover fasteners.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the upper timing belt cover bolts and remove front timing belt cover.
- Exchange the accessory drive belt pulley if necessary.
- Tighten bolt to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).
- Install upper front timing belt cover.
- Install lower timing belt front cover.
Tighten the timing cover bolts as follows:
- M6 bolts - 105 inch lbs. (12Nm).
- M8 bolts - 250 inch lbs. (28Nm).
- M10 bolts - 40 lbs. ft. (54Nm).
- Install power steering pump fasteners. Tighten bolts to 200 lbs. in. (23 Nm).
- Install crankshaft damper.
- Install accessory drive belt tensioner.
- Torque fastener to 250 inch lbs. (28 Nm).
- Install accessory drive belt.
- Lower vehicle.
- Connect negative battery cable.