Removal & Installation
The rear timing belt cover has O-rings to seal the water pump passages to cylinder block. Do not reuse the O-rings.
- Perform fuel pressure release procedure..
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove timing belt.
- Remove camshaft sprockets.
- Remove rear timing belt cover bolts.
- Remove the rear cover.
- Clean rear timing belt cover O-ring, sealing surfaces and grooves.
- Lubricate new O-rings with Mopar® Dielectric Grease or equivalent to facilitate assembly.
- Position NEW O-rings on cover.
- Install rear timing belt cover .
Tighten bolts to the following specified torque:
- M10 - 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- M8 - 20 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- M6 - 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install camshaft sprockets.
- Install timing belt.