Removal & Installation
2.7L, 3.2L & 3.5L Engines
Do not start or run engine with cylinder head cover removed from the engine. Damage or personal injury may occur.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper intake manifold from the engine.
- Cover lower intake manifold with a suitable cover during service.
- Disconnect and remove the three ignition coils.
- Remove the ground strap/resistor retaining bolt from the cylinder head cover.
- Lift up on the wire harness track retaining tabs.
- Completely loosen the cylinder head cover retaining bolts and remove the cylinder head cover.
- Clean cylinder head and cover mating surfaces.
- Inspect and replace gasket and seals as necessary.
To replace spark plug tube seals:
- Using a suitable pry tool, carefully remove tube seals.
- Position new seal with the part number on seal facing cylinder head cover.
- Install seals using Special Tool MD-998306.
- Install cylinder head cover and bolts.
- Tighten to105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Position the wiring harness on the cylinder head cover.
- Reclip the wire harness track retaining tabs into the cover.
- Install the ground strap/resistor retaining bolt onto the cylinder head cover.
- Install the ignition coils.
- Tighten mounting screws to 60 inch lbs. (6.7 Nm).
- Connect the ignition coil electrical connectors.
- Install upper intake manifold
- Connect negative battery cable.