The fuel filter mounts to the frame rail in front of the fuel tank. The inlet and outlet ends of the filter are marked for installation purposes. Install the fuel filter making certain that it is properly orientated.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Lower the fuel tank.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Push the fuel filter/regulator into the fuel pump module and turn to lock it into position.
- Connect the fuel lines and install the tank.
- Start the engine, check for leaks and repair if necessary.