Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Place a shop rag under the fuel rail-s quick-connect fitting; then, squeeze the quick-connect fitting-s retainer tabs together and pull the fitting assembly off of the fuel tube nipple.
Fuel injector electrical connectors
- Lubricate the injector O-rings with clean engine oil.
Install or connect the following:
Fuel injector and secure with retaining clips
- Lubricate the quick-connect fitting-s O-rings with clean engine oil; then, push the connector together until the retainer seats and a click is heard.
- Connect the negative battery cable.