Removal & Installation
Disconnect negative battery cable.
NOTEThe fuel level of the vehicle must be below 5/8 of a tank before you remove the module lock-rings. If it is above that you can spill fuel in the vehicle. Drain partial fuel from fuel tank through the filler tube. Use a hard nylon tube, with a 30° cut on the end, to push the check valve open to drain fuel from tank.
- Remove the rear lower seat cushion.
- Push seat back and up to remove seat cushion.
- Fold back the foam pad covering access cover for modules.
- Remove plastic access covers from floor pan right side.
- Disconnect the fuel supply line from module.
- Mark the module orientation.
- Use special tool #9340 to remove right side module lock ring.
- Drain fuel from right side of fuel tank. Lift module up enough to push hose into tank and drain. Do
- not spill fuel in interior of vehicle.
- Pull module up and out of fuel tank.
- Fuel Pressure regulator location.
- Note location of ground wire tab location.
- Remove ground wire.
- Use a screwdriver and pry up on retaining clip.
- Clip in the off position.
- Fuel pressure regulator removed.
Remove O-ring from module.
- Install O-ring.
- Install ground ring.
- Install Fuel Regulator and ground ring. Note location of ground ring.
- Install ground wire.
- Install Fuel Pressure Regulator retaining clip.
- Install module into tank.
- Align marks on the module for proper orientation.
- Install module lock-ring.
- Use special tool #9340 to tighten right side module lock ring.
- Connect the fuel supply line to module.
- Install plastic access covers to floor pan right side.
- Fold the foam pad covering access cover for modules back into place.
- Install rear lower seat cushion
- Rear lower seat cushion installed.
- Fill fuel tank.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Fill fuel tank.
- Use the scan tool to pressurize the fuel system.
- Check for leaks.