The ignition switch attaches to the lock cylinder housing on the end opposite the lock cylinder.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect negative cable from battery.
- Remove the Instrument Panel Center Bezel, Chrysler and Dodge.
- Remove side trim panel to steering column cover.
- Remove the screws that secure the steering column cover to the instrument panel and relocate panel.
- Pull the steering column cover rearward at the top and right side of the cover to release the snap retainers from the instrument panel.
- Remove the screws that secure the instrument panel steering column cover reinforcement to bracket and remove reinforcement from the vehicle. Remove the 2 front mounting nuts.
- Remove the lower mounting nut.
- Slide the assembly rearward into the instrument panel and down to gain access to switch.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the ignition Switch and SKREEM Module.
- Remove the interlock cable by depressing the locking tab and pulling straight.
- Remove ignition switch mounting screw.
Squeeze the 2 locking tabs to remove ignition switch from the lockhousing .
- Use the ignition key to rotate the lock cylinder to align the ignition switch with lock cylinder housing.
- Insert ignition switch into lock housing until locking tabs are seated into openings on lock housing.
- Install ignition switch mounting screw.
- Install the interlock cable into the switch assembly. Attach electrical connector to SKREEM Module.
- Install switch assembly into Instrument Panel.
- Attach electrical connector to ignition switch.
- Tighten the 2 mounting nuts.
- Tighten the lower mounting nut.
- Install steering column reinforcement.
- Steering column reinforcement installed.
- Install the Steering column reinforcement cover.
- Install trim panel end.
- Install the Bezel cluster.
- Install the ignition switch bezel ring.
- Connect the negative battery cable.