The multi-function switch is located on the steering column, just below the steering wheel, within the Steering Column Control Module (SCCM).
The multi-function switch provides the vehicle operator with a control interface for the following functions:
Removal & Installataion
- Disconnect the negative (ground) cable from the battery.
- Position the front wheels straight-ahead.
- Fully extend or pull out adjustable steering column.
- Remove the airbag
Remove the three clockspring screws.
NOTECarefully pull straight up on clockspring to remove.
NOTEAfter the clockspring is removed, there is only one more screw on the top side of the SCCM that needs to be removed and is located at approximately the six o'clock position on the SCCM. It holds the lower side of the steering angle sensor, the lower side of the electric tilt lever assembly, or the strengthening strut if not equipped with electric tilt.
- If equipped with ESP, remove the steering angle sensor screw located at the six o'clock position on the SCCM and remove the steering angle sensor from the SCCM. If not equipped with ESP, there will be a plastic insert there for strengthening of the SCCM that will lift right out.
- If equipped with manual telescoping column, remove the strut screw, located at the six o'clock position, and strut.
- If equipped with electronic telescoping column, remove the one remaining screw to electric tilt located at the six o'clock position, and remove stalk and switch.
- Remove the speed control switch.
- Remove the steering column tilt/telescoping lever screw located at the six o'clock position.
- Remove the three screws from the bottom of the SCCM for the multi-function switch and Steering Control Module (SCM).
Separate the multi-function switch from the SCM.
- Position the Steering Control Module (SCM) onto the multi-function switch.
- Install the multi-function switch and SCM and tighten the three screws from the bottom of the SCCM.
- Install the steering column telescoping lever.
- Install the speed control switch.
- If equipped with manual telescoping column, install the strut.
- If equipped with electronic telescoping column, install the electric tilt lever and switch.
- If equipped wit ESP, install the steering angle sensor and screw located at the six o'clock position.
- Install the clockspring and screws.
- Install the SCCM onto the steering column.
- Tighten the set screw securing the SCCM.
- Tighten clockspring screws.
- Align the spline on the steering wheel hub to shaft.
- Then install the steering wheel and install a NEW retainer bolt.
- Tighten the bolt to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
- Install the airbag
Connect the battery negative cable. If equipped with Electronic Stability Program (ESP), the steering angle sensor must be calibrated
WARNINGAll fasteners must be torqued to specification to ensure proper operation of the steering column.
Install the negative battery terminal on the battery.
WARNINGTest the operation of the horn, lights and any other functions that are steering column operated.