- Disconnect and isolate battery negative cable from battery post.
- Siphon power steering fluid from pump reservoir.
- Remove air cleaner housing and inlet tube to throttle body.
Remove serpentine drive belt.
- Remove hose clamp, then supply hose from pump.
- Unthread tube nut, then remove pressure hose from pump.
- Remove three pump mounting bolts through access holes in pulley.
- Remove pump from engine bracket.
- If pulley needs removal.
- Align pump with mounting holes on engine bracket.
- Install three pump mounting bolts through access holes in pulley and engine bracket.
Tighten bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm) torque.
NOTEAlways use a NEW O-ring on the end of the pressure hose.
- Lubricate NEW O-ring on end of pressure hose with clean power steering fluid.
- Install pressure hose to pump.
- Tighten pressure hose tube nut to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm) torque.
- Install supply hose on pump.
- Install clamp securing hose in place.
- Install serpentine drive belt.
- Install air cleaner housing and inlet tube.
- Connect battery negative cable to battery post. It is important that this is performed properly.
- Fill pump reservoir with fluid and perform pump initial operation procedure.