Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
If the drum is difficult to remove, increase the clearance between the brake shoes and the drum as follows:
- Remove the rubber plug from the top of the brake support plate.
- Rotate the automatic shoe adjuster screw with an upward motion using a medium size flat tipped tool.
- Remove the brake drum from the rear hub and bearing.
- Inspect the brake shoe linings and drums for wear, contamination and scoring.
- Install the rear brake drum onto the rear hub and bearing assembly.
Adjust the brake shoes as follows:
- Rotate the automatic shoe adjuster in a downward motion using a medium size flat tip tool. Turn the adjuster until there is a slight drag felt while turning the drum.
Install or connect the following:
Rubber plug back into the top part of the brake support plate