Removal & Installation
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove wheel mounting nuts, then rear tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove bolt and nut mounting link at knuckle.
- Remove bolt and nut mounting link at crossmember.
- Remove link.
Although the compression link is different end-to-end, there is no top and bottom.
- Position link and install bolt and nut mounting link at crossmember. Do not tighten bolt at this time.
- Install bolt and nut mounting link at knuckle. Do not tighten bolt at this time.
- Install tire and wheel assembly. Tighten wheel mounting nuts to 110 ft. lbs. (150 Nm) torque.
- Lower vehicle.
- Position vehicle on alignment rack/drive-on lift. Raise vehicle as necessary to access link fasteners.
- Tighten compression link fasteners to:
- Bolt at crossmember 63 ft. lbs. (85 Nm) torque.
- Bolt at knuckle 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm) torque.
- Perform wheel alignment.