Mazda 6 2003
Mazda 626 1999-2002
Mazda Miata 1999-2004
Mazda Millenia 1999-2002
Mazda Protege 1999-2003
Mazda Protege5 2002-2003
- The reservoir on the master cylinder must be at the MAX level mark at the start of the bleeding procedure and checked after bleeding each brake caliper. Add fluid as required.
- Make sure the brake fluid level in the reservoir is at the MAX level line.
- Slide a piece of clear plastic hose over the first bleed screw, and submerge the other end in a container of new brake fluid.
- Have someone slowly pump the brake pedal several times, then apply steady pressure.
Bleed the hydraulic brake system in the following sequence:
- Right rear bleeder valve
- Left rear bleeder valve
- Right front bleeder valve
- Left front bleeder valve
- Repeat the procedure for each wheel in the until air bubbles no longer appear in the fluid.
- Refill the master cylinder reservoir to the MAX level line.