- Evacuate the refrigerant from the system.
- Remove the center lower panel.
Cut the grooves of dashboard stay as shown below using a coping saw.
CAUTIONIf moisture or foreign material enters the refrigeration cycle, cooling ability will be lowered and abnormal noise will occur. Always immediately plug all open fittings after removing any refrigeration cycle parts to keep moisture or foreign material out of the cycle.
- Disconnect the accumulator tank.
- Disconnect cooler pipe No.5.
Remove the climate control unit mounting nuts and remove the climate control unit.
CAUTIONDo not allow refrigerant oil to spill.
Disassemble the climate control unit in the numbered sequence shown.
Reassemble the climate control cooling unit in the reverse order of numbered steps for removal.
NOTEIf installing a new evaporator core, add 1.7 oz. of refrigerant oil to the evaporator core prior to installation.
- Position the assembled unit into the vehicle and install the mounting nuts.
- Connect cooler pipe No.5.
- Connect the accumulator tank.
- Install the center lower panel.
- Evacuate and recharge with refrigerant.
- Perform the refrigerant system performance test.