- Remove the fuel pump relay.
- Start the engine.
- After the engine stalls, crank the engine several times.
- Turn off the ignition switch.
- Install the fuel pump relay.
- Remove the fuel-filler cap and release the pressure in the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Siphon the fuel from the fuel tank.
- Remove the fuel tank components, following the numbered sequence in the figure.
- Install the removed components in the reverse order of numbered sequence for removal.
- Replace damaged or deformed fuel hose, fuel pipe, and hose clamps.
- When installing the fuel hose onto the fuel pipe, fit the hose onto the pipe more than 1.00 in. (25 mm).
- When the pipe has a stopper, fit the hose until it contacts the stopper.
Install a hose clamp over the fuel hose within the clamp installation range as shown, avoiding the original clamp position.
- When installing two clamps, their tabs must be positioned more than 45° (desired 180°) apart.