- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Remove the fresh-air duct.
- Remove the transaxle oil pipes on 2.0L (FS) engines with an automatic transaxle.
- Disconnect the coolant reservoir hose from the radiator.
- Unplug the fan control module connector.
- Disconnect the radiator hoses.
- Remove the radiator mounts and remove the radiator and fan assembly.
- Install the components in the reverse of removal.
- Fill the cooling system and check for leaks.
Check the transaxle fluid level.
1.5L, 1.6L 1.8L & 2.0L Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Drain the cooling system.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install or connect the following:
Radiator and torque the mounting bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm)