Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove some of the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.
- Loosen the parking brake cable adjustment from inside the vehicle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Turn the manual adjustment gear counterclockwise using an Allen wrench to retract the caliper until it stops.
Install or connect the following:
Mounting support and bolts. Tighten the bolts to 34-49 ft. lbs. (46-66 Nm)
Turn the adjustment gear clockwise until the pads start to touch the rotor and back of the gear
- Lubricate the top caliper mounting bolt, then tighten the bolt to 26-28 ft. lbs. (35-39 Nm). Attach the parking brake cable to the operating lever.
- Adjust the parking brake cable, as required.
- Install the wheels.
- Test the brakes for proper operation.