Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove some of the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.
- Loosen the parking brake cable adjustment from inside the vehicle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Turn the manual adjustment gear counterclockwise using an Allen wrench to retract the caliper until it stops.
Install or connect the following:
Brake pads, shims and spring clips to the caliper support. Pivot the caliper over the brake pads.
Turn the adjustment gear clockwise until the pads start to touch the rotor and back of the gear
- Lubricate the top caliper mounting bolt, then tighten the bolt to 26-28 ft. lbs. (35-39 Nm). Attach the parking brake cable to the operating lever.
- Adjust the parking brake cable, as required.
- Install the wheels.
- Test the brakes for proper operation.