- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Disconnect the vent hose from the battery.
- Disconnect the positive and negative battery cables and remove the battery. Note the radio code where applicable.
- Unplug the radiator fan electric connections.
- Remove the throttle body's cover.
- Remove the charge air pipe and bypass pipe with valve, collect the O-ring from the connection to the turbocharger's intake pipe.
- Remove the heat shield over the exhaust manifold.
- Loosen the power steering system's fluid reservoir and move it aside.
- Remove the bracket from the battery tray and bend it aside.
Remove the power steering pump's oil pipe and the clips for the radiator's venting hose from the radiator member and bend the oil pipe aside.
- Remove the radiator fan cowling, 2 bolts.
- Tilt the radiator fan cowling forwards, twist up and lift out.
- Undo the nuts securing the radiator fan to the fan cowling, remove the resistor and unplug the connectors from the fan cowling.
Lift out the fan.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
CAUTIONDo not touch the fan before unplugging the fan connectors.
Remove the bypass pipe and valve.
NOTEThere is an O-ring at the bypass pipe's attachment to the turbo intake pipe.
- Unplug the radiator fan's connectors.
- Loosen the clip holding the cooling system vent hose.
- On vehicles equipped with automatic transmission, remove the pipes mounted on the fan cowling.
- Remove the radiator fan retaining bolts.
- Unhook the radiator fan's lower hooks and raise the fan slightly.
Move the fan slightly to one side and twist the corner up to remove.
- Install the fan and hook the radiator fan's lower hooks.
- Install the radiator fan retaining bolts tightening to 6 ft. lbs. (8 Nm).
- On vehicles equipped with automatic transmission, install the pipes mounted on the fan cowling.
- Install the clip holding the cooling system vent hose.
- Spray the radiator fan's connectors with Kontakt 61 and connect.
- Install the bypass pipe and valve. Tighten bolts to 6 ft. lbs. (8 Nm).