- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Disconnect the vent hose from the battery.
- Disconnect the positive and negative battery cables and remove the battery. Note the radio code where applicable.
- Unplug the radiator fan electric connections.
- Remove the throttle body's cover.
- Remove the charge air pipe and bypass pipe with valve, collect the O-ring from the connection to the turbocharger's intake pipe.
- Remove the heat shield over the exhaust manifold.
- Loosen the power steering system's fluid reservoir and move it aside.
- Remove the bracket from the battery tray and bend it aside.
Remove the power steering pump's oil pipe and the clips for the radiator's venting hose from the radiator member and bend the oil pipe aside.
- Remove the radiator fan cowling, 2 bolts.
- Tilt the radiator fan cowling forwards, twist up and lift out.
- Undo the nuts securing the radiator fan to the fan cowling, remove the resistor and unplug the connectors from the fan cowling.
Lift out the fan.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.