Removal & Installation
2.0L & 2.3L Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Drain the engine oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install Engine Lifting Beam 83-94-850 and slightly raise the engine.
NOTEDo not remove the guide sleeve from the block
Oxygen (O 2 S) sensor connector. Unbolt the bracket and set a lifting table under the engine.
- Thoroughly clean the flanges on the sump and block using a suitable solvent. Apply an even bead of Loctite® 518 sealant, along the oil pan flange.
Install or connect the following:
Oil pan and torque the bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm)
Install the sub frame and tighten the bolts as follows:
- Front bolts: 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Center bolts: 140 ft. lbs. (190 Nm).
Rear bolts: 81 ft. lbs. (110 Nm) plus75° additional torque.
NOTEApply Molykote 1000® to the studs of the exhaust manifold or turbocharger, if equipped).
Lower ball joints to the steering knuckles and torque the nuts to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm)
Front exhaust pipe
- Fill the engine with oil and remove the engine lifting beam.
- Start the vehicle, check for leaks and repair if necessary.