Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Drain the cooling system.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install or connect the following:
WARNINGIt is very important that there is oil in the turbocharger when the engine is started to avoid damage to the unit.
Turbocharger with a new gasket and torque the nuts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm) and fill the turbocharger interchamber passage with engine oil.
Turbocharger coolant and oil pipes
- Fill the cooling system and check the oil level.
- Reseal the boost pressure control rod.
- Test drive the vehicle for proper operation.