The wheel bearings found in all Saab vehicles are sealed units requiring no adjustment.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Hub nut, loosen only
- Press the hub from the wheel bearing.
- Remove the 2 circlips on each side of the wheel bearing.
- Press out the wheel bearing.
- Install one circlip and press in wheel bearing until it contacts the circlip. Be sure the press tool contacts only the outer bearing race.
- Install the other circlip.
- Clean the bearing surface of the hub on a wire wheel. If the hub is pitted or damaged, it should be replaced.
- Support the inner bearing race and press hub into wheel bearing. If the inner race is not properly supported, the bearing will fail quickly.
Install or connect the following:
Strut assembly and torque the upper mounting bolts 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm)
- With all 4 wheels on the ground torque the hub nut to 215 ft. lbs. (290 Nm).
Pump the brake pedal to position the brake caliper piston.
CAUTIONDo not attempt to move the vehicle until a firm pedal is obtained.
- Check front wheel alignment.