The fuel injection system remains under pressure, even after the engine has been turned OFF . The fuel system pressure must be relieved before disconnecting any fuel lines. Failure to do so may result in fire and/or personal injury.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Be sure that the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
- Locate the fuel filter, which is mounted under the vehicle and forward of the fuel tank.
- Thoroughly clean the area around the banjo fittings before continuing.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Fuel filter splash guard, if equipped
Install or connect the following:
New fuel filter. Make sure that the arrow is pointing in the correct direction of fuel flow.
- Start the vehicle, check for leaks and repair if necessary.