- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Remove the fuel tank.
- Remove the screw ring on top of the fuel pump. Use special tool no. 83 94 462.
Lift the pump until the top of it is about 50 mm above the fuel tank. Then, turn it about 80 degrees and carefully remove the pump.
- Fit a new O-ring in the groove in the tank. Apply a thin layer of Vaseline or equivalent.
- Carefully insert the pump in its correct position. Make sure the index marks on the tank and the fuel pump are aligned correctly.
- Fit the screw ring and tighten to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Install the fuel tank.
- Fill with fuel, operate the fuel pump and check for leaks.