Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Pull out the steering column adjustment as far as possible.
Remove the airbag module by undoing the retaining screws on the back of the steering wheel and unplugging the connector.
- Unplug the horn connector.
- Turn the steering wheel so that the wheels are directed straight forward. Undo the steering shaft nut, but not completely.
- Loosen the steering wheel by rocking it from side to side, remove the connectors and unscrew the steering shaft nut.
Remove the top and bottom cover of the steering column joint by unscrewing the retaining screws.
Remove the steering column controls by pressing in the two clips on each mounting and pulling straight out. Unplug the connectors.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Tighten steering wheel bolt to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm)