Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Raise the vehicle and safely support it on jackstands. Do not place the stands under the rear axle assembly.
- Remove the rear wheel.
Place a floor jack under the lower control arm and raise it upward slightly.
NOTEIf the same spring is to be reinstalled, mark the rear of the spring to be sure it is reinstalled in the proper position.
- Remove the lower mounting bolt from the shock absorber.
- Slowly lower the floor jack until the lower arm is relaxed.
- Use a prybar to bring the lower arm down far enough to remove the spring.
Install or connect the following:
Spring with rubber cushions
- Lower the vehicle and road test.