- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Ensure the wheels are pointing straight ahead before dismantling begins.
- Turn the ignition to OFF .
- Remove the airbag from the steering wheel, 2 plugs and screws.
Lift out the airbag and unplug the connector.
WARNINGThe steering wheel often comes loose suddenly from the cone and there is a risk that the contact roller and leads can fasten to the steering wheel and be damaged.
Undo the steering wheel nut but leave it on the last few threads. Pull the steering wheel to this point.
WARNINGNever use the steering column adjustment to knock loose the steering wheel, as this will damage the impact joint.
- Remove the nut and carefully lift off the steering wheel.
- Make sure the wheels are pointing straight ahead.
- Put the steering wheel in place.
- Fit the steering wheel nut and tighten it to 28 ft. lbs. (38 Nm).
- Plug in the connectors and fit the airbag module in the steering wheel with two screws and plugs.