2.0L & 2.3L Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Loosen the expansion tank pressure cap.
- Drain the coolant.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Pull hard on the drive belt and lock the tensioner.
Water pump and A/C compressor belt
Place protective covers on the engine oil cooler and upper radiator crossmember.
WARNINGUse care not to damage the O 2 S sensor.
A/C compressor electrical connector
Water pump pulley then take the pump out of its housing
- Clean the sealing surfaces and use a new gasket.
Install or connect the following:
Water pump in the housing
Protective covers from the engine oil cooler and the upper radiator crossmember may now be removed.
Water pump belt. Pull on it firmly and remove the locking pin from the tensioner. Check for proper belt alignment and tension.
- Properly fill the cooling system.
- Start the engine, check for leaks and repair if necessary.